Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dixie Kitchen


Dixie Kitchen at 825 Church Street in Evanston is a culinary adventure to the South where you’ll never stop exploring all of the things that are hanging on the walls and from the ceiling – like an make-believe bait shop you might have come across in the 1930’s.

We had breakfast this morning. Although the Cajun Potatoes were good they were a bit over-spiced. The grits were not the same Cheese Grits that were advertised on the menu. Look for my post on cheese grits. My ex-husband’s put these bland grits to shame.

The thing that I did love was the authentic Andouille Sausage. I have to find a good source in Chicago because this sausage would be perfect in the Jambalaya recipe I have posted below.

Breakfast is not a fair assessment of how a restaurant is so look for another post. Reviews on the boards are mixed.