Sunday, December 13, 2009

Kerryman – Have I Gone To Burger Heaven?


Bonnie and I went to celebrate my birthday last Friday (yes, I am making merry as long as I can - Happy Birthday dear Suzi, Happy Birthday to me) at Kerryman. This is a place we went to frequently this past summer after long runs and they have a charming outdoor patio, spectacular plants and a welcoming wait staff…all from Ireland.


This was the first time we have eaten inside the restaurant and it is multilevel (there is a magnificent table for 10 all by itself near the window on the 3rd floor), very cozy – like a place you could sit for hours and sip wine and chat with your best friend – and big cushy, leather booths. This place has one of the best Angus burgers in the city with huge cut French fries and the big bonus - no grease…absolutely not one drop!

They also have Irish comfort foods on the menu including an Irish Breakfast with sausages, bacon, black and white pudding, potatoes, tomato, eggs and beans. That sounds like an after-marathon breakfast.

The Kerryman is located at 70 West Erie (Clark & Erie).

Bon Appetit!