Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Potato Soup


Here is a soup recipe passed down in my family for generations. My mother hand wrote this recipe so I am remembering how good this soup is when it’s cooked on a cold winter night by someone you love!

Know my grandmother would be happy that I shared it with you:

Potato Soup

Peel 3-4 medium potatoes, dice and cook until almost done (5-10 minutes) in water just to cover potatoes.

In a small bowl, put 1 ½ Tbsp. of flour. Add enough water to make a thin paste. Add 1 samll carton half and half and stir to smooth.

Add potatoes (do not drain) and stir until boiling – simmer 5 minutes.

Add 2-3 eggs drizzled into soup and cook another 5-7 minutes.

Now the most important ingredient: Add vinegar to taste. I love lot's of vinegar!

Can also add fresh green beans to this recipe for the Uncle Don’s version. Delicious!